Simple Cyber Security Tips from DHS
Cyber attacks and data breaches are increasing at a record pace. Cyber attacks are on the rise and pose a serious and significant threat to a business’s bottom line and reputation. Did you know that 1 in 3 documented data breaches occur in businesses with less than 100 employees? Additionally, 60% of small businesses close their doors within 6 months following a cyber attack.
Follow these simple cyber tips from DHS to help keep your computers safe. Computer Safety is a shared responsibility.
1. Make sure all of your computers are equipped with antivirus software and update it regularly
2. Secure your Internet connection by using a firewall, encrypt information, and hide your Wi- Fi network
3. Establish security practices and policies to protect sensitive information
4. Educate employees about cyber threats and how to protect your organization’s data
5. Use strong passwords and change them often
6. Invest in data loss protection software, use encryption technologies to protect data in transit, and use two-factor authentication where possible
7. Protect all pages on your public-facing websites, not just the checkout and sign-up pages
Following these simple tips can help keep your computers and data safe and secure.
In the event of a cyber attack- are you covered? Cyber Liability Insurance can offer your company protection in the case of an attack or breach. Contact us today to find out more.